Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Add A Little Grace

Hey there everyone! 

I am writing this mini post to let you know that I have created a page on the crowd funding website "You Caring" to raise money for little things in my house. I have had quiet a few people ask me how or if they can send things to give them and I have decided this is the easiest as well as safest way. Here's the description I have up on my blog:  

I am setting up this online fundraising account because many of you have expressed a desire to help the 200 + children here in my new home. I am so happy to hear that you want to be a part of their lives and know they will appreciate anything and everything you wish to give! Having been here for 4 months now, I have a pretty good idea of what things are needed in my classroom, my house of boys and the home in general.
I know a lot of people would love to send me enormous packages of donations for the house but unfortunately with the shipping costs that ends up being less cost effective than me purchasing things here. However, if there is something in particular that you would like to buy I can look to see if it is available here and purchase that in your name, here in Nicaragua.
The most immediate need I see is chairs in my house. We have 16 boys in the house to which I have been assigned plus 3 tias and myself, for a total of 20 people for every meal. Unfortunately, we do not have enough seats so must eat all of our meals outside on the floor of the patio. Normally, this is quite enjoyable as we take in the fresh air, cool breeze and chat with those passing by the house. However, during the rainy season it is difficult to enjoy as you are trying to escape the pelting rain. I would love to give my boys a set of chairs so that we can all sit around the table and enjoy the meal together as the family that I know we are.
As far as other needs in the house, I am also looking to buy the house a hot plate so that we can heat up food if someone misses dinner or cook in the afternoons as a fun activity.
These are just two of the current projects I would like to fund here at the home but I will sure to post others in order to make life here a little easier. As I receive donations I will also be sure to post updates on everything I purchase with the money and pictures of my boys enjoying them!

Link: https://www.youcaring.com/nonprofits/-grammar-gallo-pinto-and-grace-add-a-little-grace/276580 

No comments:

Post a Comment